APEF is hiring a new Technical Coordinator - applications are welcomed until the 31st October, full specifications here. The technical coordinator will supervise the technical team working on APE developments, to ensure project tasks are organised and carried out, to liaise with various stakeholders, to participate in working groups and meetings on aspects of APE work.
We are looking for a Techincal Coordinator with:
- A master's degree, or comparable qualifications
- Experience of working as an information professional, presenting and collaborating, at a national and international level.
- Experience of contributing to and working with standards and online services in the cultural heritage sector.
- Experience of managing projects with a strong technical and data focus.
- Good IT skills, specifically relating to data aggregation and normalization
- A keen understanding of interoperability from technical, semantic and cross-domain perspectives.
- Good knowledge of standards within the archival domain, especially the ICA standards, ISAG(G), ISAAR, ISDIAH, and the XML formats, EAD, EAC-CPF and EAG.
- Knowledge of information standards and protocols, such as Dublin Core and METS, and how they may relate to archival discovery.
- Knowledge of the cultural heritage sector, in particular relating to online discovery.
- An awareness of web accessibility and usability issues.
- Knowledge of RDF and Linked Data approaches.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, in particular production of clear documentation for the technical aspects of a service, appropriate to different audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a strong team player.
The full vacancy profile can be downloaded over here.