The SAA TS-EAS is about to release a minor update of the new version of EAD3 and wants to collect comments first.
As you probably know the Archives Portal Europe's technical team is working on the implementation of the new version of the EAD standard: EAD3. This new EAD version was released last year by the Technical Subcommittee on Encoded Archival Standards (TS-EAS) of the Society of American Archivists (SAA), which is about to release a minor update of this EAD version: EAD3 version 1.1.0.
To ensure that the revision process is as transparent as possible, comments will be made publicly available through the TS-EAS Github portal: github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues. All comments will be attributed to named individuals and affiliated organisations where appropriate as established during the EAD revision process. At the close of the comment period, TS-EAS will review and respond to comments as necessary in Github. Here is a link to pre-release versions of the updated EAD3 v1.1.0 schemas: https://github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/releases/tag/v1.1.2-beta.
Below is a summary of the changes in EAD3 v1.1.0, with links to more in-depth discussion and justification of those changes in Github
- The @render attribute can now be used with the quote element. See github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues/485
- The objectxmlwrap element can now be validated properly in the XSD schemas. See github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues/499
- Manually fixed a bug that was causing the descgrp element not to validate correctly in the undeprecated DTD. See github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues/50
- The date element is now a valid child of the part element. See github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues/505
- Rightsdeclaration, a new element, has been added to the control section. See github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues/506
- The @localtype attribute can now be used with the conventiondeclaration element. See github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues/507
- The datatype associated with the @containerid attribute has been relaxed to xsd:string (in EAD3 version 1.0, the datatype for this attribute was restricted to xsd:NMTOKEN). See github.com/SAA-SDT/EAD3/issues/512